Although my posts have been few and far between we've been busy working away to get the nursery ready. I've been hinting I had quite the ambitious project coming up and I was so intimidated that I kept pushing it off because I didn't think it would turn out.
Well I'm happy to report we have a great new addition to the nursery that is going to get plenty of use!
I've looked everywhere for an upholstered glider that would match the nursery. I was really hoping for something gray, navy, or red. The selection of gliders in those colors is very limited; they cost a ridiculous amount of money and nothing was quite the right size.
A few months ago my mom and I stopped by a local high school fundraiser and found this amazing glider.
It was originally from a very expensive childrens boutique, the perfect size and extremely comfortable, just not quite the right color. No problem, for $20 I figured I could easily have it recovered.
After getting several quotes, I wasn't sure if I was willing to pay the $600+ dollars it would cost to have it redone and debated about buying a new glider in a color I didn't really want.
After watching this great tutorial series from Tip Junkie I wasn't as terrified of ripping it apart and decided to give it a shot. I started by carefully disassembling the entire chair.
Until I was left with this:
Then it was time to reconstruct the chair with my favorite helper.
The toughest part was keeping everything tight and in position while it was being stapled down. With a little help from my husband and a bit of patience I am thrilled with the result!
I used the same navy blue material from Eric's baby bassinet redo. It looks great in the room and now I'm on the hunt for an ottoman.
We've made quite a bit of progress to finish up the room, but it seems like the to-do list just keeps growing!