Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

I was planning on getting a few new projects painted today, but since it hasn't stopped raining, I took it as a sign to catch up on my recorded shows! And I might as well show you a few more projects I've done for my craft room.

Getting everything situated and organized is still a work in progress, but I'm slowly figuring out what works and what I use all the time. When I first started putting together my craft room it looked something like this:


I love my boxes, they are great for organizing all the little things, but I constantly found myself piling projects on top of them. One day on my way home from work I drove past Salvation Army and saw this guy out front. I had to check him out, he looked like the perfect solution! And for $1 I just couldn't pass him up...

He was a little rough around the edges, but after a little primer...





And paint, he turned out like this!

Just perfect on top of the dresser! This dresser was originally part of a bedroom set and came with a matching mirror. I didn't have the need for a mirror in my craft room, but figured it was large enough that it would make a great cork board. It started like this....

 I took it all apart and gave the frame a fresh coat of white paint. Then I used the existing back to trace onto lightweight foam board.

Added some patterned vinyl to the top and some cork from Michael's...

And screwed everything back together. In the end it turned out like this...


All ready for some inspirational pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment