Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wine Cork Boards

I've seen lots of clever ideas using wine corks for home or wedding decorations. When I found a big bag of corks at Goodwill I scooped it up and figured I would try a wine cork board.

I started with a plain wooden picture frame and painted it white. Preferably you would just use the picture frame backing for your cork board, this one did have one so I used a thick piece of cardboard and glued it in place.

Then I started playing with the arrangement of the corks. You want to figure out your pattern before you start gluing them down.

I started with varying rows:

Then staggered them:

You can easily cut the corks with a serrated knife to fill in any gaps on the edges. Since mine were pretty minimal I decided to space the corks so there was a little border instead.

I used my hot glue gun and started at the bottom left corner, working my way across. I continued up each row until they were all secure. If you wanted, you could glue each pair together first and then glue them to the board.

I added a few flowers and it was done!


This is going to be one of the raffle prizes for the luncheon I'm planning and it was so easy I'm thinking about making a few more!

Linking up to:
Christmas Ornaments & Gifts Blog Hop!

3 comments:

  1. This is on my DIY to-do!!! I've been collecting corks for some time now, and have this vision of something very similar for my wine-themed kitchen. You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your board! Cute! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!


    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! And what a find!
    Thanks for linking up at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete