Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Candlestick Makeover

Hope everyone is having a very Happy Valentine's Day! 

We made a bit more progress on the backyard and the kitchen shelves over the weekend, and I finally got these candlesticks painted and in the house!

These were all Goodwill finds, the white one in front is originally from Pier 1 and when I bought him about a year ago he looked like this:


Nothing a little paint can't fix! He got a few coats of primer and white paint. A few months ago (yes I've been meaning to paint these candlesticks for quite some time) I found these two:


They don't look so bad as is, but the paint was a creamy color and starting to flake off in places. I gave them a good scrubbing and a few coats of gray paint. Since the original paint was flat I didnt even bother priming these ones.


I added some gray and white candles I already had on hand and they are now living happily next to the china cabinet!



I'll be taking down our Valentine's Day decor tomorrow and have a few little St. Patty's projects in mind!



1 comment:

  1. Those are some BIG candlesticks! They look great all painted up!

    ReplyDelete