Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rub 'n Buff Frame Transformation

I've been looking for a long skinny frame for a chalkboard project and stumbled upon the perfect custom framing reject at Michael's for only $8!



Black wasn't going to work for our house but I've been wanting to try Rub 'n Buff so this was the perfect project! This little tube was only $4 at Michael's (plus you can use a 40% off coupon) and I only used about a third of it. It says it covers up to 20 sq. ft. 


The directions say you can use a brush, rag, or your finger and you pretty much just smear it on the surface and rub in circles until it's covered and shiny.If my frame had more detail I would have used a brush but since it was pretty smooth I just rubbed it on with my finger.


I was amazed at the transformation! Just one good coat and you would never know it used to be black. Make sure you do it somewhere you can let it dry for awhile. I let mine sit overnight just to be safe.


Hopefully we can get a board cut out tonight and I'll be able to reveal my chalkboard soon!


3 comments:

  1. This is nice. I love seeing projects with this stuff! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff. Glad you found this product to be a workable solution for you. If you ever want to try a different color, there are 16 available on our website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to check out that stuff thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete