When I first started my craft room project I was on the lookout for a cute, but comfortable chair. And it just so happened that one of our neighbors was getting rid of 3 of them! When we found them, they looked like this:
Chair 1: was primed and painted white to go in my craft room. I couldn't find a printed material I liked to cover the seat so I just used gray canvas and painted a monogram on using a stencil I cut from my Silhouette machine.
Chair 2: was going in our spare room so it was also primed and painted white and the seat was recovered in navy blue canvas. It looked a bit lonely in the corner by itself so I found this little table at Salvation Army for $7.
I was not a huge fan of the terribly done gold sponge paint, so it too got a makeover of white primer and paint!
And now they look great together!
Chair 3: sat in our garage for quite sometime until I found the perfect home for it! My parents have been wanting to create a little seating area on the side of their house where the BBQ is, so the person doing all the cooking can have some company while they BBQ.
Last week my mom found a darling old chair at an estate sale for $5 that she couldn't pass up. While she was there she also bought me an antique dresser that I've been working hard to bring back to life....I'll post on that soon!
Anyway, I forgot to take any before pictures, but we gave this chair a coating of primer and spruced it up with Rustoleum Wildflower Blue paint.
I love how the color turned out and gave the same coating to chair 3.
To recover the seat, I found this cute Ikea curtain panel for $3. Luckily, I had my best assistant to help me!
I didn't pull the fabric too tight because I didn't want the stripes to get out of line.
Also in my garage, was a little table I found at Goodwill for $1. I didn't have a place for it, but for the price, I knew it would come in handy. Maybe that's why my husband calls me a hoarder..... = )
I was on a roll and forgot to take a before picture until I had already primed the base, but it was just a standard oak table.
The base got a coat of white paint and the top was painted blue, but it still needed something more. I cut out a design using my Silhouette and stenciled it on the top.
This is what the table and chair looked like once they were all put together:
I had enough of the striped curtain left over to make a matching pillow for the other chair. I also cut out some vinyl lettering to add to the seat. Here is the finished chair from the estate sale:
And here they are put together...... All ready to BBQ!!
Thanks for stopping by!