Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Nesting....

My mom has been looking for a set of nesting tables for quite awhile. A few months ago we were in Ross and found three black nesting tables with gold paint accents.

We weren't a fan of the color, but the size and style was perfect. Nothing a little paint can't fix! I didn't take a real before picture, but this kind of gives you an idea:

I took them home and gave them a good coat of primer to get rid of all that beautiful black and gold...

And then gave them a coat of green paint.
And to add a little more depth I finished with a coat of glaze. This is also a great way to subdue color and add texture.
Now they live happily in my parent's living room!


Not long after I had finished my mom's set of nesting tables, I happened upon this set of (also gold) beauties at a local thrift store for $15. They reminded me of this table. I knew exactly where I'd put them (once my husband finally got rid of the treadmill that has been sitting in the corner of our family room.....)!
 They too got a good coat of primer.

I painted the largest and smallest ones white and the middle table a light shade of gray.
A few accessories later and they look great in our entryway!

1 comment:

  1. Never mind! I can see that you obviously did:) Nice job, I am bookmarking this one for a future project...like I need any more!

    ReplyDelete