Something like resolutions, I figured if I outlined my goals for 2012 you could all keep me accountable so I actually do them... let's see how that goes!
Home Improvement Goals
- Install Crown Molding. We bought crown molding when we first bought our house almost 3 years ago. We've spent the majority of the past 3 years on other remodeling projects, but we finally pulled the crown down from the attic. Since it's taking up space in the garage we're hoping it will motivate us to get it up in the house!
- Build New Kitchen Shelves. As part of our kitchen makeover we had to take down the old shelves and cut them down a bit. After putting them back up we decided we'd prefer a cleaner look. We purchased the wood last week so hopefully this goal will be accomplished soon!
- Install Board and Batten in Dining Room. Our "dining room" is part of our kitchen/dining room/family room area. This isn't your typical "greatroom" since our house is 65+ years old so our table is pushed up against one wall. As part of this, the chairs often touch the wall and take off the paint. We're hoping board and batten will solve this problem and eliminate the need for constant touch ups.
- Backyard Makeover. My husband would like to gut the backyard, but I think we'll start by removing a few big trees and taking out a bit of concrete. If it goes anything like our other "little" projects this will result in a whole new yard in no time.
- Start Planning for the Addition. This won't get completed in 2012, but we've started saving and would like to start planning the layout/size/cost of building a master addition. We love are house and plan on staying her for a long, long time but will need a little more space!
- Purge, Purge, and Purge! I've already started this one, but I think my closet could even use a second round of purging. Some of the bigger things I would love to put on craigslist. I have a feeling we will have quite a few things to sell this year!
- Organize the Garage. A big part of this one is Home Improvement Goal #1. Once that is out of the way, this shouldn't take us more than a day.
- Meal Planning. For the most part, I'm pretty good at keeping the fridge stocked, but this year I would like to plan ahead for weeknight dinners so I'm not figuring out what to make when I get home from work. I've tried this before so this will probably be my most challenging goal.
What are you hoping to accomplish in 2012? There's nothing like a new year to give you a fresh start and renewed motivation.