Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Silhouette Magic

One of my favorite and most used things is my Silhouette machine. When I first started reading craft blogs I kept seeing amazing projects that were all done with a Silhouette. I had never heard of it before, so I started doing some research.

I already had a Cricut machine which I had used for a few wedding projects and showers, but I hadn't invested in many cartridges so I was pretty limited with what it could do.

Once I started reading about the Silhouette SD I knew I HAD to have one! Instead of cartridges, it's a computer program that allows you to cut out lettering in any font you have (or can download), it comes with lots of cool graphics and has millions more that you can download for as little as $0.99! They even have a free graphic you can download each week to build your library. And you can import your own designs. It can print and cut out paper, fabric, interface, vinyl, and can even make rhinestone iron-on designs and temporary tatoos!


I use mine several times a week and I haven't had a chance to read all the tutorials so I'm sure I don't know even know half the stuff it can do!

These are a few projects I've done using my Silhouette:

KitchenAid Mixer Graphic:




Tiered Dessert Stand:
Family Sign:

Nursery Sign:


And soooooooooooooo much more! I'm learning new things everyday! Do you have a Silhouette? What do you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment