Monday, October 10, 2011

Decorating for Halloween

I usually have all our Halloween decorations out the first of October, but the warm weather here in California has pushed back everything just a little bit. Yesterday I finally drug the bins down from the attic and decorated our house!

Here is our front door:





I haven't made many of our Halloween decorations, but they have all been thrifty finds! The ghostly greetings signs and the glow-in the dark BOO! are both from Ross.


This BOO! is painted on slate and I bought it on sale at Michael's a few years ago. The wreath behind it came from Target's 75% after Halloween sale.


My favorite piece is this gargoyle statue which I paired with 2 black pumpkins, also finds from Target's 75% off sale.

 
I'm debating about painting the pumpkins some metallic color so I can use them with my fall decor as well as Halloween. What do you think?


Inside I decorated the family room. The Halloween tree on the left was originally from Target, but I found it at Goodwill, with the tags still on for $2! The place mats are from Target's 75% sale, the rest of the decorations I bought at Marshall's after Halloween sale for dirt cheap!


The mantle is decorated with a few gargoyle's from Target and a ceramic Trick-or-Treat from Ross. 




The coffee table has a Target place mat, skull stack from Ross, and stacking candy corn bowls from Homegoods.


The china cabinet holds our basket for our Trick-or-Treater's candy,  the skull runner, spooky tree, and mini gargoyle all came from Target. The Halloween hurricane was a Nordstrom Rack find years ago!


Our dining table also has a target runner, the web basket and Boo! sign both came from Ross.


I've seen lots of DIY decorations I love this year, I'll be working on some to add to our Halloween decor! Do you prefer store bought or DIY decor in your home?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE DIY and non -commercial....taking ordinary things and making them seem 'scary' (I use a lot of black). Check them out http://objectofmayaffection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute decor! Love how your using the placements!!
    Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete