Monday, October 3, 2011

A True Love Story Never Ends...

A while back I posted about a gallery wall I did in our bedroom. I was debating about which picture to put in the middle and still hadn't made a decision when I saw this on Pinterest:


As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the perfect quote to put on our wall.

First, I took the cardboard backing off the frame. I didn't want it to look as worn as the inspiration picture but I did want it have some texture so I started with a coat of blue paint.


To add some depth I did a coat of gray.


And then another coat of blue.


While I let the paint dry, I cut the vinyl lettering out using my Silhouette.

I used the mat to make sure the lettering was centered and adhered them using the process I described here.


Put it all back together and up on the wall. I love how it turned out, just what the gallery wall needed!!




10 comments:

  1. This is really cute! Great job!

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that and I am so impressed I am going to use those words to make a family collage thank you come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I really like that quote. I am going to pin it for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! found you via craftomaniac!

    hope you'll enter my giveaway:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea. I may have to make one for our home. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! That is a perfect spot for it on your wall too. I am a new follower from Frugal Friday. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quote! You did a great job on your sign and it works beautifully with your gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so great!!
    Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you have done. Can you let me know where to buy the sign that inspired you? I would love to hang it in my house!
    Thanks,
    Mykan

    mikeyshaffer78@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete