Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Antique Mirror!

I'm in the middle of planning a large luncheon and I've been on the hunt for all kinds of things (I'll post more about those projects soon). Last night I happened upon this old mirror:

I love the size and detail! It weighs a ton and is real carved wood, so with a price tag of $7 I couldn't pass it up.

I'm still debating where to put it. I originally thought it would be great over my vanity, and I've been meaning to get a mirror for it, but then I'll have to move a few other things around.

This is what my vanity looks like now:

Here it is with the mirror:


I love my chicken wire jewelry holder so I switched out the iron piece.

But it still doesn't look right....I think I'll have to play around with it a bit more. What do you think about switching out the large chicken wire frame for a few small ones hanging on either side of the mirror?

Maybe something like my gallery wall, but with jewelry?



7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the gallery wall of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! I can't believe it was $7, and you didn't even have to paint it or anything? Awesome deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of a frame in each side of the mirror is what I did. I just liked the idea of the mirror in the center and my beauties on the sides there to choose and look at yourself in the mirror as you're trying to decide what will go with the outfit.

    Basically yes I think it would look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love getting a great mirror for really cheap! Love yours.
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that mirror was a fantastic find! Having a frame either side of it above your vanity is a great idea; I think that it doesn't look quite right with just the mirror as the mirror isn't wide enough compared to the vanity...but with frames either side, it'll look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! A jewelry gallery is going to look really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. $7!Whoa awesome!The mirror and vanity look sparkling.Love that its carved, the small wreath shape, a true antique.Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete