Monday, October 24, 2011

Key to my Heart!

All you need for this super simple print is a frame, a piece of cotton material, some acrylic paint, a brush, and a printer! It only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish.

I gave the frame a good coat of brown paint and while I waited for it to dry I used word to print different clipart keys, our initials, and our wedding year.

I drew an outline of the heart the approximate size I needed for my frame and taped the keys, initials, and year inside the outline.

Since I used white fabric, I could easily see the black print through the material. I used brown acrylic paint and a small craft brush to paint the outline and fill in each shape.

Once everything was dry I just wrapped the fabric around the frame back and put the frame back together.


It fits just perfectly on a shelf in our kitchen where we keep our keys!



7 comments:

  1. That is so clever! I LOVE the look you created! And it does fit perfectly there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It's so unique!
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet idea! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome too! Love the whole grouping!
    Thanks again for partying with us at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love decorating with keys...but I still have yet to do it myself!! Thanks for inspiring me again to do so...

    I featured it on my blog today! :)

    http://christinasadventures.com/2011/11/features-44.html

    ReplyDelete